Doraleh Multipurpose Port
Inaugurated in May 2017, the Doraleh Multipurpose Port (DMP) was designed to relieve congestion at the former port of Doraleh: in under a year, waiting time to discharge goods was reduced from weeks to days.
The DMP accommodates vessels with up to 100,000 DWT and boasts some of the most modern facilities in Africa:
- A range of terminals including bulk, break, container and RoRo
- 1,200 meters of quay line, accommodating 6 berths with a depth of 15.3m
- 690 hectares of land for industries
- Average performance of 90 units discharged per hour (RoRo) and 31 containers per hour (LoLo)
- Direct connection to the Djibouti-Addis Ababa railway
- The total investment was $590 million. There are plans to expand the DMP further, to reach 4,130 meters of quay line, and 17 berths.