Société de Gestion du Terminal a conteneur de Doraleh (SGTD)
The terminal was inaugurated in 2009, and has the capacity to handle super Post Panamax container vessels such as Ivan Hoe of CMA CGM (9,700 TEU), Cosco Indian Ocean of Cosco Line (over 10,700 TEU).
The quay side productivity of the terminal is 34 TEU movements per hour per crane – the highest rate in Africa. This reduces the time taken to handle cargo and enables efficient scheduling for shipping lines.
SGTD offers world class facilities including:
- 1.2 million TEU of handling capacity
- 1,050 meters of quay line
- 8 Super Post Panamax quay cranes
- 18 meters draught which allows SGTD to accommodate the latest vessels
- Direct connection to the Djibouti-Addis Ababa railway